D-Box Tech Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Box Tech Info?

Although I've searched online, I can't seem to find any useful technical information on the D-Box™
    Motion system. There is some information online about the hardware, and it's specifications, but
    what I've been really curious about is how and where the D-Box info is encoded on a DCP.
    Is it assigned to one of the normally 'unused' audio tracks? What type of bitstream is it?

Patrick Artiaga just went from GDC to Dbox if you happen to know him, I think he is even in the bay area

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
      Although I've searched online, I can't seem to find any useful technical information on the D-Box™
      Motion system. There is some information online about the hardware, and it's specifications, but
      what I've been really curious about is how and where the D-Box info is encoded on a DCP.
      Is it assigned to one of the normally 'unused' audio tracks? What type of bitstream is it?
      Yes, it is on track 13. See https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/st...number=9161348 page 16. I don't know if it is a binary datastream (like SMPTE binary sync) or an FSK bitstream (like SMPTE/Dolby FSK sync), or something else.

Or, they could even use a Teddy Ruxpin, animation track, but I doubt it.

Harold

Comment

Working...
      X