Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMB Com fail NEC

Hi all,

I was hoping one of you super wise people could help me with an error i'm getting.

I have - NEC 900C with a GDC SX-3000

Every show the projector stops at some point and then restarts itself again a few minutes later where it left off - red lights go on.
    I log into the DCC and I see the following error -

500 : IMB Comm Fail(046000:Tout=7000)

I've reseated (and the remarried) the IMB and it hasn't made a difference.

Any idea what is generating this error and causing this problem ?

Thanks !!!

Usually this error indicates a problem between backplane and IMB/IMS in your case the GDC SX-3000. If a simple re-seating and re-marriage doesn't help, like in your case, then your next best bid would be applying some contact cleaner (Deoxit D5 is a popular and relatively safe one, if correctly applied) to both the backplane and IMS contacts in the hope this restores the communication issues. Luckily, in many cases this will, as those backplane contacts are susceptible to some level of corrosion over time.

If this still doesn't help, then stuff may become more complicated and you're probably looking at a real hardware failure somewhere, most likely on the backplane or on the IMS.
    Last edited by Marcel Birgelen; 05-31-2024, 01:54 AM.

Comment

I will try the deoxit and oddly enough I do have spare back plane if it comes to that. Although I seem to remember that it is unpleasant to get to...... Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by Armand Daiguillon View Post
        I will try the deoxit and oddly enough I do have spare back plane if it comes to that. Although I seem to remember that it is unpleasant to get to...... Thank you !
        Not the nicest work on these small ones, it's time consuming, but manageable. Hope cleaning works.

Comment

NEC's seem especially prone to backplane seating issues in high humidity areas like along the coasts. Out of all the NEC's I installed in the Mountain States, this only happened one time. A simple pull and reseat the IMB cleared it up and it never happened again. But in high humidity areas applying the deoxit during installation of new NEC seems like a wise thing that may prevent a future issue.

Comment

Working...
          X