Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking screen Doremi DCP2000 question

Hi, everyone

I use a Doremi DCP2000 and recently after half an hour or so after turning it on the screen starts flashing / Blinking
    I checked the VGA + USB cables (replaced) and the board contacts were cleaned
    I've tried everything I know
    I am currently working with an external screen and cannot find the solution
    need help what to do and perhaps purchasing a second hand screen would be better in this case?

Youtube Video of the problem:

https://youtu.be/EEftWQ375tY

מסך 2024-06-23 103928.png

Thank you

Last edited by Lidor Kahalani; 06-23-2024, 06:39 AM.

Have you tried connecting another image source (e.g. notebook) to the screen and check what happens? Although, yes, it is probably the screen, not the Doremis VGA output. Yes, short-term solution, and if there is enough space, just connect a standard small external VGA screen and a mouse.

Comment

I'll check it out
      If it keeps flashing when it's connected to my laptop then I'll replace the screen or check it,
      ut if it stops it means it's a problem with the video card or motherboard (hopefully not)
      I'll update​
      Thank you

Comment

To me this looks like a typical broken LCD issue, not so much an input issue. Most likely a fault inside the panel itself, which manifests after the display heats up. The good news, your backlight is still doing fine.

Finding a replacement LCD that fits will be somewhat of a headache, but at least you have alternative options, including VNC to the machine.

Comment

You could always write off the internal screen. Many Doremi units did not even have a screen...
          We run with an external screen/mouse/keyboard as well as VNC to it when needed from tablets/laptops/phones. There is also the web-ui, but personally I prefer to operate with the classic touchscreen friendly console interface. Though the web-ui is pretty handy for uploading keys remotely.

If the flashing bugs you in the booth, disable the onboard screen?

Comment

I'd try opening the front panel and reseating the cables going to the LCD panel first. That has the classic symptoms of a loose ribbon cable.

Comment

If you do use an external screen: you can turn the internal display off by pushing in on the on/off switch behind the panel hole beside the display with a thin tool. The touch panel will still be active unless you unplug the USB cable to it inside.
              The display itself has not been available as a part for quite a while.

Comment

At one location, we got a VGA "Y" cable and had both the internal screen and an external monitor
                hooked up. As this was simply a "Y" and not an actual splitter, the DoReMi's video card was
                essentially 'double terminated', which cut the signal level to each monitor, but that was easily
                compensated for by simply boosting the brightness & contrast controls on each screen. This
                way, we could monitor the server GUI from closer to where all the other actual auditorium
                controls were, since the DCP2000 was mounted somewhat inconveniently in a rack on the
                far side of the room. We controlled it from our remote location with a wireless keyboard/mouse.

Comment

Working...
                X