USL JSD-60 stuck in bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USL JSD-60 stuck in bypass

I sure hope Harold H sees this. Is there anything that can be done to recover a JSD-60 that is stuck in Bypass mode. There is no bypass power supply connected, so it's a software/firmware issue, not a power supply issue. I cannot connect over ethernet or USB, which is expected behavior for Bypass. The software lets me connect over RS-232, but I can't really do anything. I try to flash PIC or DSP firmware, and it errors out.

A couple things to try.

1. Try connecting a terminal to the RS232 output. Set it to 38.4 kbps, 8N1. Turn the JSD-60 on. You should get a sequence of characters that tells where the system is in initialization. If you let me know what you see, I can look up how far initialization is getting.

2. If the PIC32 firmware got corrupted, you SHOULD be able to restore it by holding down the Option and NonSync buttons during power up as described at http://ftp.uslinc.com/Products/JSD-6...06.pdf#page=85 .

Good luck!
    Last edited by Harold Hallikainen; 07-18-2024, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I already tried the restore and it did nothing. I tried like a dozen times! I will try your first suggestion and let you know what I find.

Thanks!

Comment

The only thing that shows up in the terminal after powering on the JSD is the letter A, capitalized.

Comment

For comparison, this is the output from a working unit at boot up:

▒ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123
          Copy Flash Addr: 0x9fc01fe0 = OK

Comment

The A indicates it has entered the boot flash where it checks to see if any buttons down. The rest of the stuff on the working unit indicates how far it has gotten through initialization in the application flash.

Does QSC still support this? If so, I suggest seeing what they can do. If not, you could send it to me, and I could try reprogramming the flash.

Harold

Comment

They told me they still repair it. They weren't able to help me do anything with it in the stat that it's in.

Comment

Good that they still support it. It looks like the application flash in the microcontroller got corrupt as well as the factory backup firmware in the external flash. I suggest returning it to them since they can do more thorough testing that I can here.

Comment

Working...
                X