Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot upload DCP's to IMS2000

Hello again,

I use DCP-O-Matic to make ads and other pre-rolls to put on before the movies play. I have a DSS200 server on one NEC projector and the IMS2000 server on the other projector. Lately I cannot get my DCP-o-Matic DCP's to load on my IMS2000 server projector. They upload just fine on my DSS200 server. They just always fail to load now when I upload to my IMS2000. I went back to older DCP's that uploaded fine in my IMS2000 and now they wont ingest either on the IMS2000. This started happening a few weeks ago. I can still get film hard drives to work and some stuff from Screen Vision. Is there something I might be missing? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Double check your user/pw for ingesting (it isn't the same as other logins). If you are going directly from DOM, make sure DOM knows about any user/pw changes you might have made.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
      Double check your user/pw for ingesting (it isn't the same as other logins). If you are going directly from DOM, make sure DOM knows about any user/pw changes you might have made.
      Steve,

I only have two passwords for the IMS2000. The basic doremi one and the manager one. I have never changed the passwords nor do I know how to change them. I definitely didn't realize maybe one of them was for ingesting, but I don't remember a problem in the past ingesting? DOM needs to know if I change passwords? Just getting caught up to speed here. Thanks!

Comment

Not exactly the same, but a couple of months ago I discovered that DCP's that I was
        rendering worked fine on a Doremi or Dolby server, but wouldn't ingest correctly on
        my Sony server at work. I knew older DCP's I had archived worked fine, but it seemed
        this was happening only with new DCP's I was making. In the process of troubleshooting,
        I, at some point, realized that this was only happening with DCP's that I had rendered on
        a particular computer. I re-installed DCP-0-MATIC on that computer, and now the SONY
        servers are accepting them again. So, that one computer had some sort of quirk, perhaps
        after a software update, that was causing the incompatibility issue.

Comment

Hey Jim! That’s an easy thing to try and test out. I think I will give that a go and see if it changes anything on my IMS 2000.

Comment

The manger one will let you FTP. That said, there is another one specifically for ingesting (pushing to the server).

Comment

When you say fail to load? Do you mean they don't appear in the list of ones available to ingest? Or they ingest but throw errors in the process? A little more detail on how they are failing perhaps?

Also what method of loading are you using? FTP? USB? Do they both fail?

Comment

So I uninstalled DCP-O-Matic and reinstalled the program. Now the DCP's are loading on my IMS2000. Perhaps there was some update that I missed with the download? Seems to be working OK now. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on the matter. Ryan I do upload with USB on my projector.

Comment

Well, Mike, that sounds a lot like the same problem I described in my earlier post.
                  To be fair, I don't think it was the DCP-0-MATIC program, which has always been
                  quite stable on both my Windows & MAC machines, but in my case, this happened
                  on one of my older MAC's, after I did a major software upgrade, which affected
                  several programs. Re-installing DCP-0-Matic and the other programs fixed it all.

Comment

If it's Mac OS, the problem might be related to prebinding.

All of the system resources, needed by an application, are mapped out and stored by the OS at installation time or when the application is first run. It should only need to be done once but, if there is an application update that uses new or different resources or the locations of those resources change, the current prebinding might become invalid but the program might still seem to run correctly. This might explain why DCP-O-Matic runs correctly from the operator's perspective but produces invalid output.

The solution would be to redo the prebinding. It can be done with terminal commands but they are somewhat complicated unless you are familiar. I've done it, once or twice, but I do it so infrequently that my memory fades.

It's a lot easier to simply delete and reinstall the application program. They OS will the update prebinding, automatically. No fussing with terminal commands is needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X