Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solaria one bulb change

Hi all,

I'm working with a projector I haven't really worked with before (the Christie Solaria one) I changed a bulb and then went through its "change bulb wizard" and everything was fine on that unit, but when I changed a bulb on a second projector I was unable to go through the wizard to update the bulb because it wanted a password I don't have. (the first projector was still "logged in" so wasn't an issue)
    I know we can't put passwords here but I tried the one that replaced an "o" with a "zero" but that did not work.
    Can someone please email me the password ? The bulb lights but it seems without going through the wizard, the dowser will not open and I have a screen down.

Why it requires a password for a bulb change is beyond me ....

Thanks !!!

Also .... these still seem dim even with new bulbs .... do these projectors tend to run dim ? (i did the x y z bulb adjust in the one I could access the wizard, still seems dim ...)

Comment

Ok, so I got the password .... but for some reason although the lamp lights fine, its as if the dowser is stuck in off and wont go on.
      Its odd.....the other one I did is fine.
      Any suggestions are appreciated

Comment

I'm at my wits end on this.
        So, I put a brand new bulb in this projector and then immediately after, almost no light is reaching the lens. Its as if the dowser is closed. I checked and its not - even pulled the lens to make sure. (it has a manual dowser) Mind you from the light cage you ca see the bulb shining super brightly. I then swapped out that brand new bulb for another bulb, same issue. Since it seemed the first brand new bulb was fine I swapped it to a second projector that also needed a bulb change. The same issue then happened in the second projector. All of a sudden its as if the dowser was semi closed or the light path was blocked.
        Every projector I put that bulb in is now unusable. Now to be clear I have changed these bulbs before - never had an issue other than they always seem dimmer then they should. This was a brand new bulb purchased from Strong.

Do any of you sage film techs have any idea why this bulb has ruined two projectors and how to fix them ? I called my professional tech, but over the phone he had no idea what could have caused this.
        Any ideas ? I'm down 2 projectors now and i'm just at my wits end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. !!

Thanks !

Comment

These are probably things you have tried...

But have you disabled LiteLOC and confirmed what it looks like with lamp power at 100% without LiteLOC interfering with the power level?

Also what model/part number lamp is your problem one?

Are you saying the brightness problem remains even if you switch back to the previous old/used lamp?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher View Post
            These are probably things you have tried...

But have you disabled LiteLOC and confirmed what it looks like with lamp power at 100% without LiteLOC interfering with the power level?

Also what model/part number lamp is your problem one?

Are you saying the brightness problem remains even if you switch back to the previous old/used lamp?

Yeah, liteloc is disabled. its internal light readings are in the 200's.

The test pattern is barely visible on screen its so dim. Yet the bulb seems to be shineing at full intensity.
            I just don't get how just installing a bulb ruined the projector - and no unfortunately putting old bulb back in does not fix it.
            \

Comment

The dowser "blade" can slip off the little motor due to UV light destroying the plastic holding it in place. Then gravity sends it to a closed position. Very annoying.
              Carefully try to look into the first mirror inside the lamp compartment. Can you see the entrance of the light rod? A glass piece leading the light to the light engine. Does it look OK?
              I once had a Solaria One where the light rod somehow had slipped back into the lamp compartment. Almost 5 cm off! The image on screen looked exactly the way you described.

Comment

Which bulb type are you using? If it is a smaller bulb like the CDXL-16M or 14M, you need to make sure you put the extension nut on the bulb. It would have been on the original bulbs when you pulled them.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Fields View Post
                  Which bulb type are you using? If it is a smaller bulb like the CDXL-16M or 14M, you need to make sure you put the extension nut on the bulb. It would have been on the original bulbs when you pulled them.
                  That was were I was headed asking about the lamp models too. But if he restored the original and problem persists seems unlikely, but worth checking!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Fields View Post
                    This was the problem !!!! Thank you so much !

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher View Post

That was were I was headed asking about the lamp models too. But if he restored the original and problem persists seems unlikely, but worth checking!
                      I did swap another bulb and the problem was still there ....but it was another bulb without the end attachment.
                      Original bulb was a 21, replacement is a 16, so there was none to take from one for the other ....I need to buy another of these extenders now.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Armand Daiguillon View Post

I did swap another bulb and the problem was still there ....but it was another bulb without the end attachment.
                        Original bulb was a 21, replacement is a 16, so there was none to take from one for the other ....I need to buy another of these extenders now.

Thanks
                        Ah ha... yeah if you are migrating to the shorter bulbs those extenders are needed. Though I thought most lamps came with em. Could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X