Non-Sync question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Sync question...

We used to do all our walkin/intro-mic stuff via U1 on the 650 regardless of if we are showing prints or not.

But I recently added a direct RCA path from our mixer to Non-Sync 1 on our AP20 so we don't have to boot up the 650 on DCP nights.

But I noticed that via the U1/650->Discrete 8ch AP20 was decoding dolby SR in many music tracks. However with the AP20 direct Non-Sync method we only get 2ch audio. Is there something to flip in the AP20 to tell it to decode on non-sync inputs?

Additionally, we often close the curtain in front of the L,R,C... it was replaced recently with a heavy 2 layer main. It doesn't work so well for walkin audio anymore when closed. I was wondering how reasonable it would be to customize a non-sync input on the AP20 to remap L&R to Ls+Lrs & Rs+Rrs specifically for walkin music with the curtain closed? A bit unconventional, but perhaps better than the muffled music from behind the curtain.

The irony is we have a full fledged live PA outside the curtain, but on film-only nights that system and desk are not powered up, because no audio department is crewed.
    Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 10-20-2024, 09:59 AM.
Working...
X