Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMS Hardware Architecture

Hello everybody!
    I have been doing some research about the AA LMS. I´m surprised that I can´t find any information about the hardware you need.
    I know that they sell you Hardware and License or only the license for Customer-owned hardware but I can´t find any information about that.
    Someone here has some idea? it´s a 10 Screen cinema.
    Thanks!

For all the systems I built that were GDC software based, I used a...

Dell rack mount server with dual CPU and supplies, at least 64GB of RAM, some times more. Dell servers have worked out the best for me. In smaller theaters that wanted an LMS, I used Dell tower servers with dual power supplies, to save cost. But they have the same reliability. All are still running Windows 7 Pro. And it continues to do updates in spite of MS claiming they have shut that off.

A 2-Bay rack mountable CRU for ingesting from CRU type hard drives. A single CRU ingest bay for small systems.

Gigabit switches for management and Content networking. Generally not security locked for my customers.

An appropriate sized UPS... usually 1.5 kva minimum, Raid 1 for the OS and Raid 5 for the content.

A Half height server rack to put all this in

For satellite download you usually hook the satellite catch server into the Content and management switch. But beware because here in the USA DCDC will not do that for you. NOt sure the situation in Argentina on satellite down links.

Comment

Working...
    X