GDC server displaying RSBP error when trying to play any movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC server displaying RSBP error when trying to play any movie

I recently did an upgrade on the server after the server's certificate expired, but before that, everything worked fine.
    After the upgrade how ever, the server is no longer able to play anything and this includes trailers.
    My server is a GDC SA-2100, SM is connected, projector (Barco DP2000) is in good shape and all ethernet cable properly connected.
    What I noticed is the "Checking SMPTE connection to projector's IP" always fails, this was not the case before the upgrade, I don't know what went wrong.
    I have attached the picture of the error message when attempting to check Projector connection on Cinecanvas.
    Attached Files

Have you checked the errors on the projector with Barco communicator? And did you update the DP-2000 to the latest available firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
      Have you checked the errors on the projector with Barco communicator? And did you update the DP-2000 to the latest available firmware?
      This is the only error on the Barco and no I haven't updated the Barco yet.
      I don't have the Update file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, I guess you most likely found the reason why the SMTPE/ASM connection fails. It looks like one of your boards have failed, most likely the GORE board. But I think you should start by reseating all the boards in the projector and clear the tamper error with the dallas key. Maybe you're lucky. Also, if that doesn't clear the error, a software update is highly recommended.

Do you have a local integration partner for your Barco machine? You can ask if they can obtain the latest software for your machine, even though it's officially no longer supported by Barco.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
          Well, I guess you most likely found the reason why the SMTPE/ASM connection fails. It looks like one of your boards have failed, most likely the GORE board. But I think you should start by reseating all the boards in the projector and clear the tamper error with the dallas key. Maybe you're lucky. Also, if that doesn't clear the error, a software update is highly recommended.

Do you have a local integration partner for your Barco machine? You can ask if they can obtain the latest software for your machine, even though it's officially no longer supported by Barco.
          I did the reseating but I am unable to clear the error with the dallas key, pronlem still persist, the projector is running os 1.3.60 version.

Comment

This projector was sold in 2009 to a Company in Saint Antonio ( US ).
            So you did probably get this projector through a ' second hand ' deal online.

The DP2000 projector is becoming ' End Of Service ' at the end of this year and this means that spare parts will no longer be available in a couple of months.

So it's important that you know that it's a risk to make costs for this projector.

Based on the added logs are there hardware problems and will a ' firmware update ' not be a solution for the errors in the logs.

I see that the TI Interface board ( part number B4016341RK ) is defect and needs a replacement.

Also is there a Lamp Power Supply ( LPS ) that is dead so the lamp strikes will fail.
            For this old type will you need a LPS Upgrade kit R7655234K to fix the lamp strike problems.

Conclusion : I don't think that it's worth to make these costs for a product that becomes End Of Service very soon.

Got this reply from Barco.

Comment

Ouch. That is more or less a death sentence.
              However, I know of a ditched DP3000 nearby (from where I live that is). It should have a healthy TI board inside, and it was running Cinelink II/TLS when put out of service due to physical light engine failure.
              I know, this is far from Nigeria. But...
              /M.E.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus Eriksson View Post
                Ouch. That is more or less a death sentence.
                However, I know of a ditched DP3000 nearby (from where I live that is). It should have a healthy TI board inside, and it was running Cinelink II/TLS when put out of service due to physical light engine failure.
                I know, this is far from Nigeria. But...
                /M.E.
                can I get it?

Comment

Yes. The board is for free (the owner was happy to give it away when I described your situation). By the end of next week I could get there, fire the cadaver up and see if the board is still OK.
                  But how do we get it from Sweden to Nigeria?
                  /M.E.

Comment

I have sent you a PM.

Comment

I have sent you a PM.
                      Thank you so Much.

Comment

I have sent you a PM.
                        hi, I sent you an email.

Comment