CP2210 - Won't Power Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP2210 - Won't Power Up

I've got a CP2210 that doesn't want to seem to want to power up. When power is applied, all 3 of the green, yellow, red "traffic lights" try to light up, iluminate about half way, and then die, and this cycle repeats every 5 seconds or so. TPC doesn't show any signs of life. In the card cage, the bottom card shows a STBY LED, but there seems to be a high pitch squeaking sound coming from it.

Any ideas?

Additional note: The "emergency start" button on side of the unit doesn't work either.

Comment

probably the low voltage powersupply

Comment

There is a standby power supply (it is a brick type supply) that powers the TPC and PIB. If the TPC won't boot up, the standby supply isn't working. That is where I would start.

Comment

Agree that that srandby psu is the likely culprit. I have replaced several... the CP2210 (or the 2000M) are designed to be small, not for serviceability. The supply - similar to a small laptop power brick - is pretty easy to change but the output cable routing is devilish. Find where it plugs in to the harness and connect your replacement there (not installed in its place) and power it up to see if the TPC starts, to confirm that's your problem.

Comment

Turns out to be the Standby Power Supply! Interestingly, they are the same connector & voltage as a power supply from a Epson receipt printer, of which I have plenty of kicking around which I was able to use to diagnose the problem. Now to order a proper replacement. I see what Dave means about crazy cable routing, I had to take half the thing apart just to be able to get my fingers on the point where the 24v cable plugs into the main harness.

Comment

Working...
            X