Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA TMS and different brands compatibility

Hello all,
    I was wondering if it´s possible to mix different "brand" TMS at one enviroment to share content. I understand that is possible because it´s only send and receive content (as a NAS or any FTP system) but don´t know if AA or UNIQUE ROSETTA BRIDGE are not allowing it.
    Any of you had any experience?

Thanks!

It might be helpful to understand why you have two TMS systems and what they are each doing respectively. One might be countermanding an instruction from another I suppose if it is trying to manage some sort of automantic content transfer system.

Comment

Hello Greg, thanks for your answer.
      There is no automatic transfer system; they are working more as LMS than TMS and the concept of two systems is to have a redundant high speed ingest transfers and content control (as one is the main system and the backup is "feeded" by the backup.

Thank you

Comment

Well, the easiest way to rule out a conflict between them would be to simply turn off the backup TMS to remove it from the network and see if your primary TMS behaves normally. If it does, I'd contact the TMS provider to help you troubleshoot what specifically is causing the conflict.

Comment

Thanks Greg,

I don´t have the instalation done, it´s all theorical. I understand it shouldn´t have any issues as they see each other as a Screen, right?
          Thanks

Comment

I think your money would be much better spent on purchasing reliable hardware and the TMS software that has the feature set that best suits your needs. Purchasing two TMS licenses and two servers to install it on so that you can have a reduntant backup would far out strip the cost of beefing up one server's hardware to ensure performance and reliability.

Comment

Working...
            X