No announcement yet.

Q-SYS Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware 13.0.4.23 for the Netgear M2450 "AV Line" switches is out, the release notes for which claim that it "fixes the issue where the switch reboots when you use the Q-Sys plugin." It doesn't explicitly state that it fixes the server error 500 (see post 270 above). I've now had the new firmware running on one system (that is not used over the weekends, hence my updating one switch last night as a tryout) for a little over 12 hours with the plugin active, and no errors so far; so that's a hopeful sign.

Comment

• Four days and no error 500 (or any other error, for that matter) has appeared:

image.png

It's looking good that this firmware update has fixed the bug.

Comment

• Okay...let's try this again. QDS 9.4.8 LTS has been released and should (really, it should) fix the Custom Voicing component's ability to not apply its crossover filters when the Q amps come out of standby.

Here are the bug fixes:
        Resolved Known Issues
        • Audio: QIO devices no longer show "Missing" after a Core redundancy failover.
        • Amplifiers: An issue that caused Custom Voicing in Low Pass Filters to be bypassed incorrectly has been resolved.
        • Platform: Resolved the issue of the Loop Player suddenly experiencing an audio delay when clocked to GPS.
        • Platform: The issue causing unexpected failovers and runtime engine crashes, as evidenced by the stacktraces has been resolved.

Comment

• I have checked QDS 9.4.8 LTS on three screens now and, thus far, the problem is fixed. Finally!

Comment

• I've just discovered that Netgear AV switch firmware 13.0.4.23 breaks the DCIO-H, under some circumstances, at least:

image.png

Rolled back to .19, and all was good.

The weird thing is that this is the second installation I've updated, almost identical to the first (three switches connected by 3 x gigabit copper LAGs; various Q-Sys devices, plus Visionary Solutions HDMI endpoints; Q-Sys 9.10.2 on both systems), and I had no problems with the first. However, the actual models of Netgear switch are not identical, and this is the only thing I can think of that could be causing this.

Comment

• The DCIO/H was updated 2/2024 so units shipping after that date will have different hardware inside.

While I have not had any issue with DCIO connectivity (and I use low-rent TP-Link switches, TL-SG2428P and TL-SG2210MP). I will say when anything goes the least bit odd, network wise, the DCIO-H will, briefly, flash a "Compromised" notice. Note, we run redundant networks, just about 100% and these incidents have never reported an audio glitch/outage.

I suspect that there is more at play here than that is being presented.

Have you opened a case with Q-SYS?

Comment

• Hi all,
                I have a core 610 with 2 x CP950A connected to it. I use two sets of ATMOS blocks with the UDP destination ports on the 950a's set sequentially and all unique. The ports on the ATMOS blocks are set to match the UDP ports on the corresponding 950A. I then use a mixer to mute and unmute the inputs from the ATMOS blocks depending on which 950a I want to use.
                This all runs into LAN A on the core as well as all the QSYS amps etc.
                LAN B on the core connects direct to a Yamaha TIO Dante converter and just runs a Dante input. It does not run through the Qsys switch.
                The first Aux LAN is a control network again that does not run through the Qsys switch.
                it all works ok but every 3 or 4 days for no apparent reason the first set of Atmos blocks stop passing audio and have to be disabled and enabled to fix. The Cp950a shows it is sending audio, the blocks all show green and connected with no errors. However nothing is output from the output pins. If I disable each block and the enable them it all starts again. Is there a time out I am missing or anything that could cause this?
                im running designer 9.8.0.
                cheers.

Comment

• Just who is the GM PTPv2 clock in this design? Is it the CORE 610? It would almost have to be...which would be interesting as Dolby has a miserable track record of adhering to AES67 protocol. In all of my systems, the Atmos decoder (IMS3000, typically, but I now have one with a CP950A) is the GM clock. My experiments with letting the Core be the GM clock have shown that it, sort of, works. I believe Jay Wyatt, while he was with QSC did experiments on letting the Core be the GM clock but found that, over time, there was a enough drift that it would eventually get into a compromised state and fail. I recall it being on the order of ½-hour but that was a while ago so things may have improved.

Has anyone at Dolby or QSYS seen/approved of your dual CP950A into a single Core 610 scheme? Furthermore, a Core 610 cannot run on QDS 9.4.x I believe it is 9.8.x or newer with 9.10.2 being current. If you are not on 9.10.2, it is probably worth a shot. In my cinema applications, thus far, 9.10 has not been problematic. That said, I am not using Dante on many (and it is hardware Dante with 510s) and no NV.

Comment

• The core at the moment is set to be GrandMaster and is showing that it is in QSYS. I did wonder about setting one of the CP950s to be grandmaster but was concerned that it would cause an issue with the other one. We have done a similar thing in the past with two CP850s but Utilised an External clock generator. I am waiting to here back from QSC with any ideas but they are being very slow. I may update to 9.10.2 as staying on 9.8 seems pointless. Cheers

Comment

• [delete duplicate post]

Comment

• I would definitely move beyond 9.8 and 9.10.2 seem to be stable though if you pay attention to the A/V forums out there some are having some issues on the video side of things. Since I've never had two Atmos sources, I cannot help you further but I'd LOVE to find out if one can, finally, let the Core be the PTP GM. That would mean I could lower the cost a bit by having a Core 610 serve multiple theatres with Atmos plus a Core 610 is massively more powerful than say a Core Nano (with scaling license) or a Core 110. It is on the order of 4 or 5 times more powerful (more DSP processing capabilities plus it can get up to 384 channels, if need be).

Out of curiosity, what is the desire for two Atmos processors? Redundancy?

Comment

• I'll let you know what the end result is.
                          reason for two ATMOS sources is it's a big posh venue that wants to be able to playback every format. So they have laser projector and server, a xenon with server and a 35mm (that's the Dante bit).

Comment

• For 35mm, I've brought them in analog as I always have an abundance of analog inputs (especially with ATMOS...nowdays something like 50+ channels of analog available via the amps...I wish the Qn amps were still available). Some have brought them in via AES3, if the source processor was so equipped. For me Dante, without the card is just a headache. You have yet another PTP thing that wants to be in charge.

I suppose, if it were me, I'd be more inclined to switch the AES3 to the CP950A than deal with multiple AES67 devices battling for the same clock.

Comment

• Bringing in 35mm on Analogue was considered but unfortunately the amplifiers are situated in a different room well down a corridor. The order for the core 610 had already gone in before the 510 was re-released otherwise we would have maybe gone with a 510 and analogue cards. As it is that bit seems to work.

Comment

• FYI Steve. Setting the main CP950A to be grandmaster seems to have solved the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X