Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinoton service

Good afternoon,
    If available, can someone share the service manual for Kinoton DCP 30 MX II? I need some preparation for maintenance.
    Can the fluid be replaced with Barco 2 Series equipment? Or will the cooling connectors be different?
    Is the PIN code mariage the same as barco?

Others may know better, but the ones I did were identical to the base Barco projectors. For cooling fluid we used the Barco kit.
    If unaltered, the marriage sequence is the same, just the problem with the keypad, if still original, might make it a nasty task.

Comment

Kinoton used the Barco light engine with their own light source, lens mount and chassis. So, in general, when it comes to the projector guts and electronics, Barco experience and parts should work.

Comment

Hi,
        You have PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Scholz
          ...just the problem with the keypad, if still original, might make it a nasty task.
          Oh yeah, and especially as the factory default code requires all the number buttons to work. If only one is out, you can't enter it. When I first started to service these things, that situation led me to the use of expletives a few times.

The workaround is go into the advanced installation settings in Communicator, and in the security key options, change the unlock code for the Dallas key you're going to use to one that only requires the functioning keypad buttons. I have my own Dallas key in my toolkit, and will add a new entry for it for every projector that I service (if the owner grants permission), that only requires keypad buttons that work (or at least, did work at the time of the visit).

Comment

Since that is a series 2 projector, if I'm not mistaken...updating to, at least, 2.8.83, will provide a workaround to iffy keys. Communicator 5.12 and later have a new feature where one can go to Diagnostics>Actual and then enter in the required code there. You press a button in Communicator and then you have 30-seconds to touch the dallas key to its spot...MUCH MUCH MUCH easier! But you do have to have the projector on the right firmware as well as the right communicator.

Comment

Those old style keypads with the nipple buttons are abysmal. Even if they are almost never used in regular operation, buttons still go bad. The newer ones with gel-type buttons seem to have solved that problem. Whenever I service a machine and find bad buttons, I recommend replacing the keypad in my report. But as the preset buttons are almost never used in regular operation (changes of preset are commanded by IP from the DCP server) and the part is not cheap for what it is, end users very rarely agree to do so, and I can't say that I blame them; especially as there are now, as Steve points out, two potential workarounds for clearing a marriage tamper (changing the code to one that only uses working buttons, or entering the code via Communicator rather than the keypad).
              Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 11-08-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X