Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie CP2220

Bonjour a tous
    J'ai un cp2220 au démarrage un message d'erreur qui apparaisse EVB et je n'arrive pas a alimenté la lampe pourtant elle est presque neuf.

Good morning
    I have a cp2220 at startup an error message which appears EVB and I can not power the lamp yet it is almost new.

Comment

Is EVB the actual error message? If so, that's a new one on me. But I have very little experience with Christies - others may have better ideas.

"Infant mortality" in xenon bulbs is unusual, but not unheard of. In the last couple of years, I've had two fail after the first 50 hours or so, with no other fault in the system that I could find. They were both larger bulbs (one 6 and the other 6.5), though.

In the absence of an error message offering more useful information (no ventilation, no communication with lamp power supply, igniter error, etc.), it can't hurt to check that the DC connections are all snug and tight, especially if the bulb has recently been replaced.
      Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 12-19-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

The EVB is the Environmental Board (if you were working on an NEC, it would be the PJDIV) and the closest equivalent on a Barco would be the Fan Controller. In short, it is the hub and distribution center for everything (sensors, fans...that sort of thing). I have had a couple EVBs go bad over the years but not too common but hey, everyone has the odd failure.

Before jumping into replacing the EVB, make sure that all connectors are firmly seated. In particular J32/P32, which is the power connector that will have +12, +24 as well as the Standby +24. It is also worth checking that the LVPS is working on all of its rails...do you have any Voltage Error readings on +12 or +24? (Standby 24 works if the TPC lights up since it runs off of that). If the projector starts to power up (fans start to come on) when you take it out of standby, you have, at least +12 since that fires the coil of the relay. P18/J18 are also worth checking as that is how the PIB talks with the EVB.

Comment

It is not uncommon to have the EVB fail, even as the projector is new. It happen to me on a CP2220 only a "month" old, one small MLCC capacitor shorted the entire EVB board.
          I would start as Steve said, reseat the J32/P32 input connector, check for any LED activity on the board, and I would also reseat the PIB card.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Avram
            It is not uncommon to have the EVB fail, even as the projector is new.
            "Infant mortality" is a pretty regular phenomenon in all electronic appliances. In consumer stuff, that's why I tend to keep the box for a few weeks after buying it, in case I need to return it. In the last couple of years, it's happened with a toaster oven and my wife's sewing machine. With digital projectors, it's not that uncommon to install it, have to come back and swap out a failed component within a month or so, and then not have to touch it again for years, apart from planned maintenance. The most recent example I encountered was one of the red laser driver boards in an SP4K, that failed about three weeks after installation. I didn't notice it for months afterwards, because the projector was in a home theater, running at 30% power, and therefore only needed the power from one of the two boards; but eventually the end user noticed the error screen, and when we checked the logs, found that this LDB had failed back in February.

Comment

The one time I remember seeing an EVB error, it was actually a problem with one of the outputs of the LVPS, so like Steve mentioned, it's worth checking the LVPS first, before ordering a new EVB (after the usual wiggling and reseating of connectors has failed.)

The LVPS is probably one of the most common failure items of any Christie projector...

Comment

But Leo...didn't the client notice the RED taillight? ... Oh wait...the SPxK series doesn't do taillights. (A big pet-peeve of mine on the SPxK series).

My experience with Christies is that their 2K-3K ballast is is a weak point followed by LVPS. I haven't had the PIB issues that others have spoken of but as they say in Ghostbusters, "We're ready to believe you!" I think I've had maybe one EVB failure or flakiness. And really, it turned out to be an LVPS flakiness. It would always read fine when you were there but it would occasionally reboot the projector. Because the error that would show up in the logs (and Christie is probably the worst at the depth of its logs and catching errors), it would show up as an EVB error rather than an LVPS error. How many flaky interlock switches are merely logged as "sudden lamp off" errors without a mating interlock open just before it. Why Christie doesn't include a bobble delay (debounce) in their software remains a mystery to me.

Comment

Working...
                X