GDC to QSC Sound Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC to QSC Sound Cues

I have someone coming in to play their short, and when we were testing it out they wanted the audio a little higher than we keep it for the rest of the shows. So I figured I'd try to set up a cue instead of just changing the volume for the one showing, I got a cue set up. I executed it, but when I checked my DPM manager nothing had happened, I even tried another cue to just mute the whole thing, but nothing. This isn't a huge issue, but it would be convenient to have cues like these every now and again. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm working with a GDC sr 1000 and a QSC 100h processor

I haven't checked for a while, but AFAIK, GDC's software doesn't support the DPM 100h out-of-the-box, maybe the serial commands are compatible with another supported audio processor, but maybe this is your problem?

You can always create custom cues based on the serial automation protocol of the QSC box.

Comment

Unless something has changed, GDC's library cues are for the DCP series of QSC processors (the processors that were active when the GDC servers were first interacting with cinema sound processors). the DPM will respond the the more sensible DCP300 commands (there was the original version that were insanely long and then the later version that are reasonably short, to the point, and read like you would expect). The DPM will respond to a command like dcp300mute=1.

Make sure your IP address is pointing to the right place as well as the TCP port (4446). You can then also check the command that the GDC is sending to see which version they are using.

Push come to shove, it isn't the end of the world to set up your own "RAW" set of commands (there are not that many though for volume it would be nice if you could take advantage of how GDC can generate each volume level rather than making up to 100 commands).

Comment

Working...
      X