Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi-several Miniproblems in report

Hi

I've updated almost all our Doremis with the help of the detailed report. Everything went fine but I still have a few mini problems I would like to solve. There's nothing like a blank report
    I
    I'll start with the first one which is just cosmetic:
    Our DCP2000s (black and silver) don't have the Chassis-SN registered. I can't fin the product name for these units, our Show-Vault had SV4-XXXXXX on the Sticker.

Cheers

I don't know if this helps-

DCP2000_SNLocation.jpg
    Or you can find it on the GUI:
    DorimiGUI_SnLocation.jpg
    Just as a note: I've worked with one DCP2000, that at some point had some major
    upgrades done. The "Chassis Number" on the GUI did not match the one on the sticker
    on the back. We were told to just get rid of the sticker and go with the number in the GUI.

[Images courtesy of DOLBY™ Labs]

Comment

It's just read from a text file in /etc. Early production did not have that file and early software did not read or display it. It's easy to create the file as root.

Comment

Thanks Jim
        I know how to register the Chassis-SN and where to find it. It's not in the GUI because it's not registered. What I'm missing is the product name, DC3 in you example. I'll need to know what the different names for the different DCPs are.

My Wild guess would be:
        DC1 black DCP2000
        DC2 silver DCP2000
        DC3 DCP2K4
        correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

@Dave
          In which /etc directory is the chassis file?
          I guess I'll try just entering the 6-Digit S/N and 1 Letter, without a Product-Name.

Comment

It's in /etc/chassis

And I think the color is irrelevant. From what I see, DC is for DCP-2000 and DCP-2K4, the number is either for number of raid drives (3/4) or RU (3/4). SV is the same for ShowVault models. There have been SV3 models for certain markets, and SV3 would also be the correct chassis type for an IMB upgraded DC3 chassis.
            Has anyone ever seen a DC1 or DC2 chassis number?
            Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 01-29-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

So etc/chassis in root? Because I also have a doremi/etc/ ?
              Carsten that makes totally sense with the product names. I’ll think I go that route, since I could always change it, if something goes wrong

Comment

While the Dolby Log Analyzer may complain about an unset Chassis number, I think it is only for Illustrative purposes. I have never heard any real issues with it. If you contact Dorem/Dolby about issues in the log analyzer, they may sometimes want to know what type of machine this actually is, e.g. when dealing with the RAID, and they many initially want to look up that information in the log as well. I guess many IMB upgrades have been performed without an adjustment of the chassis number from DC to SV. But then other parts of the log will tell wether an IMB is installed.

Comment

I think so too, as I stated in my initial post, it's only cosmetical.

Let's head to the next problem

Motherboard BIOS is not the current supported version.
                  The Link to the faq how to update it, doesn't work anymore. How risky is it anyway to update the BIOS?

Comment

Can you check the current BIOS version? As far as I know, it's reasonably safe to update the BIOS. Much more than any other part of the server or projector.

Comment

Unless I'm missing something here, why you want to fix it if it's not broken? If it's working and doing the job, why undertake any risk at all?

Comment

Fot the moment it’s 1.1c Release date 10/06/2008 and it tells me that it should be 1.1c from 12/09/2010.
                        Frank you’re right, but what if this warning causes a major problem in the future?

Comment

Concerning the S/N-issue, I logged in as root but can’t create a directory in /etc

Comment

Did you do the remount with write permission thing? Otherwise, the partition is read-only.

Comment

I tried creating it in the file manager. It let’s me create directories un doremi/etc/ but not in etc/

Comment

Working...
                              X