No announcement yet.

Doremi-several Miniproblems in report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The numbers are DC3 or DC4 - or SV3 or SV4 - depending on number of drive slots. IMS... not sure about them.
    Not a directory, just a file: /etc/chassis.
    I just use nano because the file is so simple, it only contains the number ie SV4-12345 (with no spaces or return). You need to be root and remount / as read/write to create or write to a file there.
    It just identifies the chassis SN in diagnostic tool and reports, in early software only the media block SN was reported which confuses warranty status tracking when Dolphin cards are replaced in a DC, and for all SV servers. Nothing bad happens if it isn't there - it has no other function.

BIOS version is not a concern except in rare cases, and some Dolby techs would like that check removed from the analyzer to stop getting calls about it. Installing the later version isn't super risky... however why take any risk with no compelling reason to? Highest risk is a power loss during the flash write so be on UPS power. The process requires disconnecting the Dolphin card reset cable, booting to BIOS settings and changing the boot order to boot from a USB drive, rebooting from your bootable DOS USB stick with the flash updater and data file, updating, rebooting to BIOS settings and revising several BIOS options, finally booting into the main Linux system. The reset cable can be left disconnected, it's only needed for serialization but reconnect it if you want to. IIRC the server boot loops on first boot after BIOS updating if that is not disconnected.

Comment

Thanks Dave.
      I’ll give the S/N thing a try and better not mess with the BIOS if even Dolbytechs want it removed from the report.

Comment

I tried writing the SN, I get a message that / mount is busy

Comment

Even with the mount is busy message, it worked.
          Thanks guys
          Over to the next one
          I already chatted with Carsten about this one.

/var partition is full

Comment

Working...
          X