Barco keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco keypad

DP12C with an unresponsive keypad. I recall reading that Communicator lets you enter the code from the program if you have the Dallas Key present. I can't see a way to do this.
    Any clues? So I need to be on certain software versions?
    TIA.

You need for the projector to be on, at least, 2.8.86 and your Communicator version needs to be on 5.12.0 or later. If you have both of those conditions then go to Diagnostics>Actual and then press "On-Site Marriage." You enter in the magic number (same as on the keypad as the number is tied to the specific Dallas key, not the software, keypad or touchscreen you are using)...press the marriage button...the 1-6 keys on the keypad should turn yellow (if all of the LEDs are working on the keypad) and then you have 30-seconds to touch the Dallas key to its mate next to the keypad.

Incidentally, Barco has a newer keypad now that has SIGNIFICANTLY better buttons. If you desire to have those buttons work (not just 1-6 but the lens buttons too), it is a worthwhile investment that, in the big picture, isn't too pricey.

Comment

The old membrane keypad "buttons" will stop working if not used regularly, they work by pressing a conductive dot on the back of the membrane against a pattern on the PC board below, and probably that pattern gets corroded so no contact is possible. Regular use seems to keep them working, but no cinema I know of actually uses all six (or eight) macro buttons so usually only the first two get any use.
      In most cinemas they don't get used at all in normal operation as all projector functions are automated.
      Not a problem until you need to enter the marriage code.
      The touchpanel or PC Communicator program lets you enter the code on series 2 projectors with software versions as Steve described. Series 1 ... no such luck. If at least one button still works you can change the code to suit, you can even just use one number 8 times as your code.
      The new type keypad with little buttons rather than just the flat membrane is much better and so far I haven't seen one fail. It's not too hard to swap one in and they are not super expensive.

Comment

Thanks.
        We've replaced a lot of keypads already, except, of course, this one.
        The new style is a vast improvement.

Comment

Like Dave said. And what makes it even more of a bugger is that the default tamper clear code requires all the buttons to work. If your versions don't allow you to do the onsite marriage thing (e.g. if the end user does not want you to update the projector firmware, for whatever reason), then you can change the code for any given Dallas key to one that only requires the use of the buttons that work OK. You can do this even when a tamper is active and the tail light is red. It's in installation > advanced > security, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X