RIP Roger Corman "King Of The B Movies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Roger Corman "King Of The B Movies"

Got to see him live once at a Hollywood Q-A Forum, he was very interesting and had a lot of great stories, especially of working with VIncent Price. He also can be credited with discovering the likes of Francis Ford Coppola, Jack Nicholson, James Cameron and Ron Howard, and many others...

Roger Corman, director and producer of hundreds of films including 1960’s Little Shop of Horrors, has died aged 98. In this 2013 interview from The Telegraph’s archives, he spoke candidly about his long career, and the state of contemporary horror cinema.

I remember years ago the Friars Club roasting Corman, I can't remember who said this but it sticks in my mind even decades later; " I'm going to tell you a secret about Roger's AIP...it really stands for 'ALWAYS IN PAIN' !" Remember...without AIP the drive ins would have nothing to exhibit!

Comment

Also, Susan Backlinie, infamous for having played a somewhat B-movie role in what was definitely an A-movie...

Comment

Am I the only one seeing the dark humor in placing this in the "Afterlife" forum? Mark off his meds always makes for comedy gold.

Comment

I know Tony... I've switched to Tylenol because the pain killer they gave me after the new knee joint installation did absolutely zip. It's getting better really fast though...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
            I know Tony... I've switched to Tylenol because the pain killer they gave me after the new knee joint installation did absolutely zip. It's getting better really fast though...
            Glad to hear you're doing better. Knee surgery is the worst, next to hips. My one worry as a motocross racer is blowing out one or both knees....many riders I knew who blew out a knee were forced to stop as they never recovered full range of motion, or even if they did, the stresses from racing made it extremely painful.

As for the meds, often the simplest is better anyways. I have been grumping at the VA for the last 5 years, as they keep trying to switch me from Warfarin to Elequis (Or however the fuck it is spelled) because it means no more monthly testing. I have been stable on the rat poison for over 17 years, and the other is targeted to only some specific clot factors. Since we don't know for sure what my factor(s) is/are, I refuse to take the risk.

Not to mention a 90 day supply of Warfarin is around $4, whereas the other is over $500 PER MONTH.

Comment

Tony... Knee surgery is way different than it used to be. At least some of the surgery, the shaping the end of the bones, is now done by CNC. I was up walking around that floor of the hospital three hours after the surgery. Three weeks later I ditched the cane I had been using for many years. And this Friday I am done with Physical Therapy. On the 7th it will be one month... Not sure all hospitals employ this new method of knee replacement or not, but Vanderbilt University Medical Center seems to have the newest, latest ways of doing things.

Comment

Working...
              X